wreck diving in the north lake superior area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hello everyone
i have posted a thread in the wreck preservation area for ontario canada.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ca...ant-wreck-project-northern-lake-superior.html

i hope the mods do not mind me posting here as well as this is a very worthwhile and interesting project that may be of some interest to the divers that frequent this section of the forums.

there has recently been a feasibility study completed for the north superior area with regards to scuba diving being a legitimate tourist attraction for the area.
this effort has also spawned a project being directed by the local S.O.S. chapter (superior underwater exploration society)
Superior Underwater Exploration Society
to mark a significant number of local area wrecks. that project is already under way.

the continuing search for new area wreck sites also continues, hoping to build upon the fantastic discovery made in 2013.

Thunder Bay divers discover historic wreck - Thunder Bay - CBC News

please feel free to check out the links above and follow our progress as we move forward.

thank you

thx for posting steve. i very much enjoyed your presentation btw. nice job ! and thank you

update.....
so we had 11 divers and non divers out this weekend doing their NAS (nautical archaeology society) level 1 course in hopes that this training will come in handy as the project moves along. that is an outstanding turn out for this neck of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom