Wreck Hunting in Lake Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711

Reaction score
OK... in reference to Operation Great Yellow Shark, I just spent the past week hanging out with some folks from the Canadian Harvard Aircraft Association, McMaster University and Northern Tech Diver.

We spent a good amount of time searching for a sunken WW2 Aircraft Trainer... and while we got some good hits and some future possibilities for a Harvard, what is really interesting is what ELSE we found!!!

I'm not at liberty to divulge details, but rumour has it NTD might have to start looking for some good commercial property on Howe Island. :eyebrow:

On a slightly related note, I could not have possibly even dreamed of better service and a more enjoyable time than I have just spent, hanging out with the Northern Tech Diver folks. To a person, every one there is fun, professsional and a joy to hang out with. The service and diving is excellent, and they have a happy and loyal customer for life.

I'm aware of the controversy surrounding sock puppets and multiple ID's - especially from those who choose not to believe that NTD can have such loyal customers - but I assure you, Tom and anyone else at NTD had no idea I was making this post. If anyone has any questions about my difference in experiences between some of the local dive facilities in the greater Kingston area, I urge you to PM me and I will be happy to explain why no future business of mine will go to the "other guys."

Northern Tech Diver rocks, we had a fantastic and enjoyable week wreck hunting, and keep your eyes open in the media and on Scubaboard for more wreck discoveries.

Boogie711:
Northern Tech Diver rocks, we had a fantastic and enjoyable week wreck hunting, and keep your eyes open in the media and on Scubaboard for more wreck discoveries.

In fact boogie, my concern is similar but a tad different. I love dropping in at NTD. I have great respect for Tom, Dan, and Anna. I like the folks that hang out at NTD.

I am very afraid that people who don't know NTD like you and I do are going to read the posts, view the personal attacks not as humour but as nastiness, and make the assumption that NTD is not a good place to visit.

I have sent (and taken) divers from every skill level there and always gotten experienced and good service.

And hey, if you guys want an ex-military airplane-buff, kinda-but-not-all-DIR-but-he-hasn't-died-YET :D Nautical-Archeology-1 kinda guy to help out.... just say the word.

And what is the American word for "Harvard"

That's right "Texan"

Thank you all for your kind words, once I learn my firewall software a little better, and now Netdoc and myself have spoken I will rethink my situation.

As for the NAS help, I will take you up on that with a project in the Peterbourgh area soon.

I, myself, have accessed SB as myself from Tom's computer (sometimes even with his permission) and never thought I was violating board policies. I don't recall seeing anywhere suggesting that practice is forbidden.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom