Wreck of the Dixie Arrow - Hatteras, NC in 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewski

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All:

Well, I'm finally getting down to editing the video I did this summer in Hatteras and Virginia Beach. Since this is stuff I'm copyrighting, I haven't added music yet.

The first "teaser" is the wreck of the Dixie Arrow, an 8,000 ton tanker torpedoed by the German Submarine U-71 in March of 1942.

I'm switching to Apple's Final Cut Studio 2 for editing, but the learning curve's steep so this stuff is still done with iMovie. I'm amazed at the difference in video production quality between the two programs when they render video. What looks pretty drab in iMovie comes out stunning in Final Cut Pro.

Of course, nothing makes up for shooting skill (something I still have a LONG way to with yet), so try and bear with me.

I'm posting the teaser reels to Vimeo, which is faster and better quality than Youtube.

Her ya go and ENJOY!

[vimeo]2892113[/vimeo]

Andy

That was great. I loved the way you just came over the wall and there was the first shark. Nice surprose and one which ahs me wanting to dice wrecks in NC now. My list just got longer :D.

Back
Top Bottom