Wreck of the Saskachewan (Nanaimo, BC)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Cherry,

Do you still work for the Candian Military/Navy? I contract to DND as an engineer. I'm sitting in a portable office 100 yards from the runway in 19 Wing Comox as I write this (I'd rather de diving).

Jimi

jimisurf,
When you get to Nanaimo say hi to Harry at Technically Speaking for me. I live in Thailand and have flown over to do courses with Harry on a few occasions. He is one of the best instructors I have come across other then being a great guy.

Bruce

Just returned from Nanaimo - WOW

60 - 80ft Vis on the Saskatchewan and Breton. Lots of Seals to play with at the Snake Wall. Great Dives!

Full Report to come (posted as new Thread)

Willer

Well, dove the Saskatchewan yesterday. I had heard reports of great visibility, but we were not so lucky. Vis was about 30 - 40 feet, enough to explore but difficult to get a full appreciation for a wreck of this size. Amazing sea life on this wreck! So many things to look at, it would take many, many dives to really say you seen it all. My only camplarison with a wreck this size is the Chardiere. The Sask has more sea life, and seems to have a lot more stuff to see just peering in the windows of the pilot house and such. The current was maderate at depth and surface on this day (I understand that this is rare for this site). This made the dive a bit more challaging. Depth of the aft deck was at about 100' and slightly less deep at the bow. I did not get a chance to go allong side (not enough time).

We dove with Technically Speaking. Harry and his (I think new) dive master/captian/instructor Adam and my buddy and myself were the only ones on the trip. Harry (and his wife Trudy) were FANTASTIC. Very accomodating, they ensured that we were suited up properly before heading out (even lending us their own personal undergarmets as they they thought ours may not be warm enough). Harry is very knowledgable of the area and technical diving (in fact I don't think that I have met better). His Dive Master Adam was an excellent tour guide and fantastic diver. Both Harry and Adam have been diving since the age of 12!! They really know how (and practice) to dive safely, ensuring with their experience that you don't make any mistakes yourself.

Well I could go on and on however, my breakfast is ready so I'll go now.

It was a great dive, highly recommended and so is Technically Speaking!!

Jimi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom