Wreck off shore @ Port Hope??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TAM Dive:
There is reportedly a wreck off shore Lake Ontario, near Port Hope.............anyone know about it???

Last time I dove in Port Hope I spent the entire dive trying to find water deeper than my kneecaps, although I wasn't near the lighthouse..may be worth checking out...

Rumor has it, that it's in about 80ft of water, soooo probably out in the open water aways......, don't think the burned out hulls near the light house is the one I'm enquiring about........, yes would be nice to dive something within a hours drive from home.............
Over the last couple of years, I've heard that there just might be one off of Cobourg also, Mike, Tracy and I took a little toot out there, found nothing but zebra mussels and more zebra mussels...........this particular person who first told me about it, has approached me recently again........telling me some kayak'n freinds have paddled out to it, the wreck is visible from the surface..........I may just throw the inflatable for a little tour.........more later if'n we locate it.....................

There's one that I know of about 5 km due south of the boat launch, near the train bridge. It's actually quite nice and certainly worth a couple of dives on.

I'm not trying to be smart because I know I'm not but, if the wreck is visible from the surface, I would think that the wreck is shallower than 80 ft. Maybe the vis is clearer there though....

Sirius Diver:
I'm not trying to be smart because I know I'm not but, if the wreck is visible from the surface, I would think that the wreck is shallower than 80 ft. Maybe the vis is clearer there though....
I'm think'n that the wreck at Cobourg (near shore) and the one at Port Hope (80ft depth) are two totally different wrecks??...........ok, 5km off shore, might be worth a trip to take a peak... any coordinates???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom