Wreck S.S. Wisconsin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captndale

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We were out on the wreck of S. S. Wisconsin again yesterday. We replaced the midship mooring. Now we have a mooring at the bow and on the port rail halfway back. Both are good, strong moorings. We will try to get the stern mooring replaced next weekend.
Just a reminder to those diving the wrecks in Lake Michigan. Although only a few of us install and service the moorings, they are there for everyone to use. Just be courteous. Keep a watch on your radio if you are on a wreck so other boats can hail you. If you arrive at a dive site, and another boat is arleady there, hail them and find out if there are divers down before getting too close. If you are tied up and there is no mooring left when another boat arrives, offer to throw them a stern line. Finally, lets make this a fun and safe season.

Capt. Dale nice job on the moorings,
I second your call to stay away from boats with dive flags /Divers down! Had a boat check us out too close today! And if my divers are clear I will toss a stern line if its safe and the skip can drift in safely.
How was the vis? we dove a local wreck yesterday south of Portwashington and had yuck and today same site it was GREAT! that wind early helped us.
Dive safe,
Brad

moneysavr:
How was the vis? we dove a local wreck yesterday south of Portwashington and had yuck and today same site it was GREAT! that wind early helped us.

The vis was a bit cloudy in mid water but it cleared up on the bottom. On the wreck it was around sixty feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom