Wrecks in Kingston, Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trickz_29

Registered
Reaction score
I was just wondering what are some of the best wrecks that i should be diving up in Kingston. I would like to know a little more information if anyone has any or just recommendations.

thanks

Just about all the wrecks in Kingston are great. Go with Big Jim Charters and you won't be sorry.

I agree! All the wrecks are great. I have traveled there many times and have never been disappointed. Though it looks as if most your diving has been warm water. You're in for a "cool" experience. Be prepared and have the proper gear for cold water envionments. You'll be glad you did.

Respectfully,

Fred

Check out the folks at Northern Tech Diver (www.northerntechdiver.com) - they're the absolute leaders when it comes to diving in Kingston, and they're a great bunch of guys as well.

Kingston has some of the best shipwrecks on earth. Not too many other places you can dive 150 year old wooden schooners in less than 100 feet of water. You can spend a week or two there easy, doing a different wreck each dive.

trickz_29:
I was just wondering what are some of the best wrecks that i should be diving up in Kingston. I would like to know a little more information if anyone has any or just recommendations.

thanks

Must-dives in Kingston, IMHO:

Marsh - Gorgeous schooner, with bowsprit and chains still intact, lots to see.
Davie - Really cool dive. Lies on her starboard side, lots to see, an intact life-boat right next to her..
Comet (if it's open this year, I heard they were thinking of closing her for a year or 2) - gorgeous old paddlewheeler, with the wheels still standing. Beautiful dive.
Cornwall - another paddlewheeler. One of the wheels is still standing, the other is at 45deg angle. Cool dive.
City of Sheboygan - another schooner. Cool dive, the extreme stern is broken up a bit (by a boat that hooked into it and ripped it off, IIRC)

Avoid the Munson - darker, deeper than the rest (not by much, only 110ish), and rather boring... Some artifacts assembled on the top deck, but it's tiny and... well, boring.

Oh, and another vote for Northern Tech Diver. Great group of guys, go with them, you won't regret it. Hope this helps!

-Roman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom