Wrestling with bouyancy issues on G10/Ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad if I could help. If I can be of any more assistance, you have but to ask. That's partially what we are here for. Woody

Hey Guys, went with the 6# foam as it was easiest to get from Aircraft spruce, jumping in the pool tomorrow night to see how it works!! Aircraft spruce has a canadian office for fello Canucks.

thanks for all the great posts and help!
T

Just an update... I cut down the two lower floats to about half their original size, and we will see how this works when we go to Cozumel next month. I was not real happy with the plastic-compatible paint I used to finish these with, as it left a fairly rough surface despite several coats with light sanding in between. Felt sort of like medium sandpaper. Then I was clued into using Plastidip spray, and this looks like the clear solution. It takes two or three coats to get what you want, but you end up with a smooth rubbery surface that looks great and feels better. We will soon see how this stands up to salt water, but I have high hopes.:D Woody

I too would like to say thanks to all for this thread. I got a G10 and housing and don't have the tray or strobe yet and all this information and the pictures of the rig were very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom