Wrinkles Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ICY ICE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys/gals, we may have enouth people to charter our own boat. This could save us a good chunk of change.

Christian, can you start a poll for a boat charter for the last weekend of May, June, and July?

TX

ICE,

I split this from the other thread into it's own thread because it is really a whole new topic.

Since you are talking about 3 months in a row here, I'm assuming that regarding the other thread you think we should start again in San Diego for the Wrinkles Dive and BBQ, but that we should start another event where each month we have a boat dive. Let me know if I'm right with this.

I think that this is a good idea and have thought about it before, but I'm not sure we have enough people participating to be able to fill a boat once a month yet. Of course, we may get a whole different group of people interested who prefer boat dives.

That said, I'm all for it. The boat dive could be on a different weekend than the Wrinkles Dives, so they don't compete with each other. I think it should be called something else though, so that we don't get people confused about which event is which.

You don't need me to start a poll, but it might be good to have some discussion first.

That's my 2-cents. :wink:

Christian

headhunter:
ICE,

I split this from the other thread into it's own thread because it is really a whole new topic.

Since you are talking about 3 months in a row here, I'm assuming that regarding the other thread you think we should start again in San Diego for the Wrinkles Dive and BBQ, but that we should start another event where each month we have a boat dive. Let me know if I'm right with this.

I think that this is a good idea and have thought about it before, but I'm not sure we have enough people participating to be able to fill a boat once a month yet. Of course, we may get a whole different group of people interested who prefer boat dives.

That said, I'm all for it. The boat dive could be on a different weekend than the Wrinkles Dives, so they don't compete with each other. I think it should be called something else though, so that we don't get people confused about which event is which.

You don't need me to start a poll, but it might be good to have some discussion first.

That's my 2-cents. :wink:

Christian

Name it, I'm there.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Name it, I'm there.

---
Ken
Speaking of naming... maybe we could name this monthly boat dive the Mo2vation Dive!

I figure that since you are such a vocal proponent of boat dives, this may be apropos!

I like it.

Anybody else think we should name this after PuffMo2?

Christian

headhunter:
Speaking of naming... maybe we could name this monthly boat dive the Mo2vation Dive!

I figure that since you are such a vocal proponent of boat dives, this may be apropos!

I like it.

Anybody else think we should name this after PuffMo2?

Christian

So last weekend I finally meet the Famous Ann Marie. I had heard from Laurel that she would be on the Encore, and I was looking forward to meeting her at last. She's one of the SoCals, pretty active and I wanted to say hi.

I board the boat and am loading on I roll into the Galley and she's sitting at a table with Jan and some others. I say hi to Jan. Ann Marie turns around, does a double take and recognizes me from my profile pic.

First thing she says, "You're Ken" (big smile.) Then she says, "Figures, we finally meet on a BOAT DIVE...!!!"

I was cracking up.

---
Ken

Go ahead, call it Mo2vation Boat dive..........he is afterall the SoCal Baby.

Boat! Boat! Boat!

(Did I mention that we had 50' of vis. and hot chocolate last weekend off San Clemente Island?!?!)

Ann Marie:
Boat! Boat! Boat!

(Did I mention that we had 50' of vis. and hot chocolate last weekend off San Clemente Island?!?!)

We had 60 in Catalina, and Tecuila's afterwards..........

Ann Marie:
Boat! Boat! Boat!

Off to San Clemente tomorrow night. Pray to weather Gods for us.

Oh, on topic......Mo2vation works for a name.

divinman:
Off to San Clemente tomorrow night. Pray to weather Gods for us.

Oh, on topic......Mo2vation works for a name.

The name is fine...and the idea sounds cool (but I still need to see if it will work schedulewise).

Erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom