Wrinkles February '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc:
I wonder if the 72 hours applies after continuous rains like this.

After the last big storm and how long it took for the stormwater and runoff to subside and then for the bacteria counts to go down..... Nope. 72 hours is NOT long enough in my book. But that's just me.

The county recommends AT LEAST 72 hours after a rain event. This was not just a rain event. People were building arks for the storms of this past week.

mccabejc:
No poopie diving for me. That's why I say we might consider heading to Catalina on Sunday, which is probably poopie-free, to do some diving. I doubt we'll do any on Saturday at the Wrinkles.

Jim and Claudette,

I was at Shaw's Cove the other day strolling over the reef. The water was a god awful BROWN Poohy color, from shore to about two miles out. Lots and lots of trash and derbis all over the place.

Claudette, you idea of bringing a kayak sound good. I was thinking I could bring mine too, BUTTTTTTTT...if I don't want my body in the water (the die hard diver that I am), I certainly don't want my Kayak in the water. Especially with the bigger waves coming in. YUCKKKK YUCKKK and Yuck!!!

I'm on the fence as what to do. I would love to meet up with all of you, however, if it's raining...I have household tasks (like riping out my kitchen floor) that I need to do as well as mowing/taking out the back 40 that has grown to montereous porportions.

I may be up for Breakfast at the Boom Boom Room! Yummy Food. Restaurant located on the corner of PCH and Mountain Ave.

When we were comming back from San Clemente Island on Saturday, you could see a very distinctive blue to green line near the coast. San Diego hasn't gotten as much rain as LA, but it didn't look good. Since then, LA/OC has gotten 7 inches or more rainfall... They even had tornado warnings yesterday in North SD county. The coastal cleanup sounds pretty cool. I think I may head down to LA Jolla Shores Saturday afternoon and lend a hand myself after I help a dive buddy move!!

I also like the idea of postponing the OC dive to next month so we all can enjoy this very nice central SOCAL spot!

Enjoy your weekend no matter what you do!

I'm bummed I'm going to miss the Wrinkles dive this month but will think of ya'll when I'm at Catalina.

FYI -> not sure if this has been mentioned. You might want to use caution when picking up items on the shore. According the the local TV news, they have seen a few rattle snakes washed down from the local canyons. The snakes may be soggy and confused and might be found in small piles of debris along the shoreline. Don't wanna hear about any divers gettin' bit! :) Sounds kinda goofy but good advise.

Lexy:
According the the local TV news, they have seen a few rattle snakes washed down from the local canyons. The snakes may be soggy and confused and might be found in small piles of debris along the shoreline. .
Snakes!! Why did it have to be snakes?????!!! OK, Jim...looks like it could be just you and me, picking up woozy rattlesnakes from the littoral detritus next to the poopy brown sea....of course, we'll always have the brownies. We didn't...we'd lost them until you brought them back. But it doesn't take to much to see that the problems of two little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this world.....WHOA! wrong movie...sorry........all this rain has made everything soooo cinematic...........
OK, back to Saturday and the Wrinkles shoreline disaster site visit...I'm thinking kayaking somewhere around the PV peninsula might be a better bet...put-in depends on the swell size and direction by Saturday. I have a second kayak, so if it sounds like fun to you, just say the secret word! (psst...swordfish!)

HBDiveGirl:
Snakes!! Why did it have to be snakes?????!!! OK, Jim...looks like it could be just you and me, picking up woozy rattlesnakes from the littoral detritus next to the poopy brown sea....of course, we'll always have the brownies. We didn't...we'd lost them until you brought them back. But it doesn't take to much to see that the problems of two little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this world.....WHOA! wrong movie...sorry........all this rain has made everything soooo cinematic...........
OK, back to Saturday and the Wrinkles shoreline disaster site visit...I'm thinking kayaking somewhere around the PV peninsula might be a better bet...put-in depends on the swell size and direction by Saturday. I have a second kayak, so if it sounds like fun to you, just say the secret word! (psst...swordfish!)
Indiana Jones, Casablanca & Swordfish with a little Rain Man thrown in for good measure. I had to throw that last one in because it has the word "rain" in it. :eyebrow:

Christian

headhunter:
Indiana Jones, Casablanca & Swordfish with a little Rain Man thrown in for good measure. I had to throw that last one in because it has the word "rain" in it. :eyebrow:

Christian
Full points for movie ID...although, for 'swordfish', I was actually thinking of the speakeasy scene from the Marx Brothers' film "Horse-Feathers"...the great classic that also brought you "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" from the immortal lips of Professor Wagstaff. You know, Christian, I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship! (...fade to black...sort of like 15fsw anywhere off the SoCal coast...)

I am planning on coming down between 8 and 9 in the morning. I'll see those of you that wish to be there at that time .

I am also planning on coming down between 8 and 9 in the morning. I'll also see those of you that wish to be there at that time.

Laguna Sea Sports says conditions this morning are still 0 ft. viz and "chunky".

So I guess Mo2vation is right. It blows chunks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom