Wrinkles January '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie:
What kind of equipment do you need? Give me a call on my cell at 949-292-8167 and I will try and bring you what you'll need.

Wohoo! My Cobra showed up today! So, I will be there for the afternoon dives and BBQ (I work from 8pm-8am tonight).

Edit, so what about this nasty rain. Anyone have an idea if we are still on for tomorrow?

It is supposed to stop tonight, and be partly cloudy with no rain tomorrow.

Looks like .24 inches in Fashion Valley, but pretty light elsewhere.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/sgx/data/hydro/sd_pcp.html

I'll be there at 7am!

shaxs:
Wohoo! My Cobra showed up today! So, I will be there for the afternoon dives and BBQ (I work from 8pm-8am tonight).

Edit, so what about this nasty rain. Anyone have an idea if we are still on for tomorrow?

Ok, I hear the surf is supposed to be 8' and it is raining (or was earlier) pretty hard down there. What do the reports say and how does it look to those of you down there in the La Jolla area. I'm supposed to bring stuff so I don't want to leave everyone hanging but I don't want to drive 1 1/2 hours just to turn back for home.

Give me the scoop! :D

SnakeDr. is swinging by to pick up my EZ-UP, so you can all huddle under it while it's raining.

News flash:It's 4:20 and I am starting to see blue skies, maybe you won't need it after all.

it's dark and gloomy here and hasent stopped raining here in La Mesa

DvrRick:
Ok, I hear the surf is supposed to be 8' and it is raining (or was earlier) pretty hard down there. What do the reports say and how does it look to those of you down there in the La Jolla area. I'm supposed to bring stuff so I don't want to leave everyone hanging but I don't want to drive 1 1/2 hours just to turn back for home.

Give me the scoop! :D

Hey, stop it.....everything will be fine. Even if it pisses down tommorrow, we'll be diving......hardcore man, down to 500ft.

I am a little concerned about the surf but I am coming anyway. I've missed too many of these things. The last Wrinkles dive I did, Sean still lived in Orange County!! That was probably 80+ dives ago if you check his log book!

I will probably drop Derek off at the golf course and then show up at 9 or so. I'll have my dive gear, hoping a little surf will be manageable. I dove Scripps Cyn with George last spring in medium surf and thought I'd NEVER make it through the loooonnnngggg surf zone. Thanks to him, I did make it! Sucked a lot of air to get there though!

One thing about Laguna's surf zone compared to La Jolla.... you've got lots of rolling breakers and we have shore breakers. It makes a difference!

There's a chocolate cake or 2 that I still need to bake so I better get moving! See you tomorrow!

Deb

This is a stupid question but..... are adult beverages allowed at LJS? I am guessing no, but I am also thinking of the possibilities in case we can't dive.

Back
Top Bottom