Wrinkles November '05 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just made a reservation at the Hermosa Hotel for Friday and Saturday night.

You can't beat a room rate of $35 per night! If you share the room with one other person for 2 nights that's only $35 for the weekend!

They only have 3 rooms left, so if you want to stay over for that low price, I recommend calling them right away at (877) 453-1313.

Also, for those of you who get Veteran's Day off, this is a long weekend.

The day for the Wrinkles Dive is on Saturday, but who wants to dive with me on Sunday?

Christian

I just reserved a cottage for both nights. Twice the price, but I'm worth it :D Got a kitchen too. I've got Friday off, so I'll try to get there early on Friday.

Me and Christian gonna be diving on Sunday. :D

I'm shocked. I'm breathless. I'm excited. I'm flabbergasted. I'm stunned.

I may actually be able to come to a Wrinkles dive.

I've *sob* dreamed of this for so long. I never thought it would be possible. In high school I was voted "Least likely to be able to attend a Wrinkles Dive.' I once printed out the details of a Wrinkles Dive in anticipation of being able to go, but my dog piddled on it. This was a sure sign the universe didn't approve and - wouldn't you know it - something unavoidable came up.

Can it be?!! Is it really possible?

I shall be on the lookout for planets realigning, or flying bacon...

Dick Murphy, former V.P. of The Cousteau Society used to love staying at the Hermosa for his birthday. And of course you can all buy "I Survived the Hermosa" t-shirts as memorabilia from next month's Wrinkles Dive.

As I mentioned, I'll be out in Florida that weekend. Sniff.

radinator:

I've *sob* dreamed of this for so long. I never thought it would be possible. In high school I was voted "Least likely to be able to attend a Wrinkles Dive.' I once printed out the details of a Wrinkles Dive in anticipation of being able to go, but my dog piddled on it. This was a sure sign the universe didn't approve and - wouldn't you know it - something unavoidable came up.

When will you know if you can make it? I've been looking forward to finally meeting you.

I'm having a "flying bacon" alert issued for that day, in anticipation of the occasion. The swine will probably be thrown though the air by those little devils pushing there snow blowers. :wink:

Christian

mccabejc:
I just reserved a cottage for both nights. Twice the price, but I'm worth it :D Got a kitchen too. I've got Friday off, so I'll try to get there early on Friday.

Me and Christian gonna be diving on Sunday. :D
This just spells out massive fun!

Christian

headhunter:
But we'll be thinking of you as we tear up the town. :05:
Christian

Darn it! I wish I could be tearing up the town with you guys! I'm sooo missing out on this one. I'll be in Las Vegas for the Marine Corps. Birthday Ball.

Be nice to the Hermosa & Luau Larrys!! Have a fruity, frozen drink there :)

Lexy:
Darn it! I wish I could be tearing up the town with you guys! I'm sooo missing out on this one. I'll be in Las Vegas for the Marine Corps. Birthday Ball.

Be nice to the Hermosa & Luau Larrys!! Have a fruity, frozen drink there :)
We're gonna miss you too, but we'll have fun in your honor. So, you be nice to the Marine Corps and have a... well... have a good time! :wink:

Christian

radinator:

I'll likely be coming over on Friday night on the 6:40 PM or maybe even the 7:00 PM. If I'm lucky, I'll get over earlier in the afternoon.

Current plan:

FRIDAY - Do a night dive in the park (maybe two if I get there before dark) then go get nuts in town, then go flop into either the Her-Gross-ah or Ratwater.

SATURDAY - Sleep late on Sat, go to the wafffle place at about 8:00 ish and grind, then roll into the park at about 9:00 or 10:00 AM. Do 4 or 5 dives and go into town and go nuts again. Maybe we can pursuade Claudette or Sapphire to get on the Karaoke for a couple of tunes.

SUNDAY - Wake considerably earlier than Saturday and get on the King Neptune and dive someplace other than the park. Get back from the King and head home on the 6:00 PM on Sunday evening.

That's the current plan. Anyone else in?

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom