Wrinkles November '07 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any updates on the viz?

It's the dive park. No way to know for sure, but count on min 25', more likely 30-40', at least in the morning before the classes start silting things up a bit (near the entry, at least).

What's the dress code? Can I get away with jeans, tennis shoes and a sweatshirt for the weekend?

If you plan to hit the Chee Chee Club (dance club) on Saturday night, then the sexier the better :wink:

Avalon is pretty casual and laid back. Jeans, shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes, sweatshirt, etc. are fine.

Thanks for the info :) Really looking forward to meeting everyone!
Ber :lilbunny:

Preview for you: Isthmus

Note: conditions listed are not for Catalina, but the webcams are great for surface views.

Sorry that I've been so absent lately. I've been really busy at work, but as a result I'll have Friday off to travel at a leisurely pace. :D

I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend. It's going to be another great time!

Thanks go out to Ted S for picking up the slack for me. It looks like we'll have about 30 people for dinner on Saturday night.

It looks like by popular demand it will be Chinese food on Friday night and Ristorante Villa Portofino on Saturday night. The Portofino has become a regular spot for us on these weekends. We always seem to come away with some great stories from dinner that we'll only tell in person. :wink:

If anyone wants my cell phone number shoot me a PM and I'll send it to you. It has come in handy when people are looking for where the group has run off to.

See you all in a couple of days!

Christian

Robert & I are pobably going to be night diving Sat. night.

John

What's this probably carp? WE ARE GOING NIGHT DIVING!

Mainly because we cant afford the dinner that night. We'll join the rest of you clowns for drinks AFTERS.

I havent been in the water since 1:33 PM Saturday September 14th.

Ok, I'm officially out. Wife just woke up with my cold... and although I'm feeling marginally better, considering the weather forecast and everything else, it's probably smart of me to sit this one out, as much as it pains me.

Anyone interested in taking over my room and tickets? I'll sell my spot cheap, since I can't get any money back at this point. :(

I havent been in the water since 1:33 PM Saturday September 14th.

That's the saddest thing I've read in months. John, get this man in the water before he shrivels up and blows away in the wind.

Have a great time this weekend.

Kim

I plan to night dive on Sat too and will need a buddy.
See you guys tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom