Wrist mount for women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to buy my wife a computer (without her knowing) and I was wondering if any of you women dive a wrist mount, and if so what kind. I haev a Stainless Steel Nemo and it is to big for her, so I was kind of wondering if the Nemo sport is any different in size. Just curious. Thanks for any input...

Phil

Keep in mind that the exposure suit she'll be wearing will add thickness to her wrist. Also, small is not necessarily better. Some people prefer a larger display to make reading it easier on older eyes.

I dive a Suunto D9, and I like it... it did take a day or so of getting used to - a bit heavier than a normal watch, but not too much... Before that I had a Sherwood Logic in a wrist boot, and the D9 is WAY smaller than that.

kari

If wrist size is an issue replace the strap with a bungee cord. I have done this for both my computer and compass. I dive with different suits and simply 'slide' on the computer and compass.

Thank you all for the quick responses...

aushealer:
If wrist size is an issue replace the strap with a bungee cord. I have done this for both my computer and compass. I dive with different suits and simply 'slide' on the computer and compass.

How do you replace a band with a bungee cord?? I may do that for my own computer.

Thanks again..

Phil

If you do a quick search for 'bungee and wrist' you will find some different and interesting ideas.

I use the smallest bungee I could find {I think it's 3/16}. For my computer {Suunto Vyper}, I removed the wrist strap and slid the bungee under the strap pins, checked the fit for my wrist and tied the ends up and secured the ends. For my compass, I got myself a generic wrist mount, trimmed the straps off, drilled a couple of holes for the bungee and then secured the bungee. Your computer maybe different and it'll take a little fidgeting to get a good fit and the ends knotted and secure.

Here are a couple of quick pictures, the compass bungee is setup for adjustment between a drysuit and wetsuit, I simply undo one knot and it fits the drysuit. The computer bungee is in a state of experiment with a different loop ~ just playing.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0458_1.jpg
    IMG_0458_1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0457_1.jpg
    IMG_0457_1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0456_1.jpg
    IMG_0456_1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 67
I use a Vytech in one of the Deep Sea Supply's wrist mounts, with bungie. I have tiny wrists, and that system allows me to be sure my gauge fits and is steady on my wrist, and also permits easy transition from my cold water (dry suit, undergarment, thick and bulky) gear to my 3 mil wetsuit.

Thanks again for the ideas, that is awesome. I appreciate it....

Phil

I use DSS wrist mounts on my Suunto computer and compass. They're great. (The only modification I'm thinking of doing is using a couple spent .22 shells as brass reinforcements for the holes...)

Back
Top Bottom