Closed WTB: 4xl Aqua Lung Sport Skin

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two notes:

I do not see a 4XL Fusion Sport replacement skin in either of the 2018 or 2015 Dealer Guides.
I don't know for certain, but my suspicion is that the 2XL/3XL stretches enough to accommodate the 4XL shell. Probably less possible for Tech or Bullet.

Also, as far as I can tell the current zipper version has the zipper Velcro-ed to it, so you should just be able to remove the zipper and Velcro on to your older shell.

PM me if you want me to follow up on open questions with an eye to ordering one for you.

well, according to Aqua Lung, they claim the new zip systems are not backwards compatible and cant be used at all on the older velcro cores.

I did manage to snag another 4xl Bullet skin from diveright in scuba, and the 2xl Sport Skin stretches enough to be ok. But if a 4xl sport skin shows up, I'll take it.

BTW, the new EVO 4 rock boots blow.

Thinner sole, tread not as good, overall just a flimsier version of the evo3. Only thing they did do good on, was instead of the material around boot toe and sides, its a harder rubberish material for protection, instead of having to shoe goo up the material there that delaminates. So I found a few pair of the evo3s left and sucked them up for spares. Its sad to see Aqua Lung dropping the quality from the Whites line of super good tec diving gear. But still, the evo4s are still better than any alternative so far, but they arent a big step up now from just a set of Chuck Taylors.

Also, although not confirmed, the bullet skin for 2018 has less protection than previous version. No protection on seat, and less if any on the arms. I havent been able to confirm this though, its from one post from a guy asking about the 2018 skins.

well, according to Aqua Lung, they claim the new zip systems are not backwards compatible and cant be used at all on the older velcro cores.

I did manage to snag another 4xl Bullet skin from diveright in scuba, and the 2xl Sport Skin stretches enough to be ok. But if a 4xl sport skin shows up, I'll take it.

Any chance you’d sell the tech skin?

Sorry, thought you had a tech skin.

I just confirmed that for the current 4XL+ Sport, the 2XL/3XL is used for assembly. I would assume that was true for the previous versions also, so you I think an actual 4XL Sport skin just doesn't exist for either generation.

I was also told that yes, the zipper is sewn onto the current skins. I took a second look at my Bullet Aircore, and it looks like the zipper is first attached with Velcro, then sewn over. So in a pinch, you might be okay by spending some time with a seem ripper to modify a current skin to a Velcro only skin. I am not going to pull that hard on my Bullet to be 100% sure, sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom