WTB: "cold water reg"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gravybird

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Trying to put together a decent set of cold water gear for MN diving, looking for a good cold water 1st, and 2nd. No brand preference.

yeah, I have already got my eyes on the hog, but I am trying to save a few bucks:) get something used. Are you selling used, or new?

yeah, I have already got my eyes on the hog, but I am trying to save a few bucks:) get something used. Are you selling used, or new?

Not sure you are going to find a high quality cold water reg for less than the HOG setup. Maybe Edge for good quality.

Just a suggestion but I,ve used a mk 25 under icey contaminated salt water for years commercially with no problems

Just a suggestion also, there are Oceanic authorized online retailers with new "old stock" Oceanic Delta 4/FDX10 with full warranty for $350 shipped, that includes your maintenance parts. If you have not, do a search on the cold water certifications of this combo you'll probably be impressed. About the only thing some people don't like is the swivel, however you can get the hose fitting from Oceanic for the Delta 3 for $10 to eliminate the swivel. Another advantage is is general availability of Oceanic dealers at travel destinations versus say the Hollis clone of same regs or other tec brands.

Last edited:
I only sell new. And the price for a single 1st stage and 1 second is way less than the Oceanic just noted. Service is also every two years so even though you do pay for parts it still works out to less than the labor for 2 yearly services on most other brands.

Go Zeagle Flatheads. I live under Lake Superior Ice... those Regs are bullet proof in extreme cold conditions

i have a zeagle flathead VI first/second im about to put up for sale. excellent condition from fresh water..just 1st/2nd no other whips.
Zeagle Scuba dive regulator set

ok, I should add to this thread that I scored one last week. A dive rite rg1208, with a rg3000 second:)

but out of curiosity, how much for the zeagle?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom