For Sale WTB: LED cannister light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubachris82

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I am looking for an LED cannister light if anyone is looking to sell one. I don't want to spend more than $350. Let me know if you have anything available.

Thanks,
Chrid

FWIW I have an OrcaTorch D611 that would fall right into your price range if you picked up a new one, and it's a pretty decent light. Main complaint is the switch location but for ~$240 it's a tolerable situation. Beam spread is pretty wide; I replaced it with a UWLD LD-15 to cut through our silty PNW waters.

How long is the burn time? @bravokiloromeo

The manufacturer claims a hair over 2 hrs on max, which I'd probably agree with. I had no issues using the light for multiple dives over a couple of days, but I'm generally doing <1 hr dives and turning down the power to reduce backscatter (med power is about 800 lumens, run time is over 6 hrs).

The stock batteries are ~5000 mAh 26650 batteries IIRC but I bought a second set with higher capacity so that is also an option.

Hi, I am looking for an LED cannister light if anyone is looking to sell one. I don't want to spend more than $350. Let me know if you have anything available.

Thanks,
Chrid
Another budget friendly idea is to find an older HID light that is 'upgradeable' to LED. Something like the Dive Rite 10W HIDs which DR or UWLD can put a very nice LED module in. I've had both and they served me well for a number of years.

Another budget friendly idea is to find an older HID light that is 'upgradeable' to LED. Something like the Dive Rite 10W HIDs which DR or UWLD can put a very nice LED module in. I've had both and they served me well for a number of years.

That's my current setup as well. Good option I think too.

Back
Top Bottom