Wanted WTB LP-50's / LP-85's (pair or doubles) in Chicagoland area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ski_Lounge

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As mentioned in title! Realize these are hard to come by in the area, open to shipping options.

Here is the post with 50s for sale

Dirs probably has the best price on new tanks.
Are you sure about that ?
Dive Rite in Scuba, Faber, Hot Dipped Galvanized, LP 85 $360
Leisure Pro / Scuba.com, Faber, Hot dipped Galvanized, LP 85 $329.95

Price check a different tank size, it won’t matter. However like most online retailers, DRIS will price match, if you want to bother with that.

Are you sure about that ?
Dive Rite in Scuba, Faber, Hot Dipped Galvanized, LP 85 $360
Leisure Pro / Scuba.com, Faber, Hot dipped Galvanized, LP 85 $329.95

Price check a different tank size, it won’t matter. However like most online retailers, DRIS will price match, if you want to bother with that.

OP is local to chicago...
Anyplace else has to ship, I have yet to see anyplace offering free shipping on tanks.
On top of price matching other places.

OP is local to chicago...
Anyplace else has to ship, I have yet to see anyplace offering free shipping on tanks.
On top of price matching other places.
OK, so if DRIS ships to me compared to Scuba.com shipping to me, I am not starting off with a $30 per tank higher price. I am trying to make doubles, so now we are talking $60 higher, before shipping. OP never said he will go into store to pick up. For the same money, why not have it delivered to your door and not waste your time and gas to end up with the same tank per tank cost?

A higher initial tank price, is just that.

DGX is $329 for a 50 with basic valve. OP also has to consider sales tax. You’ve got IL sales tax + whatever the county adds. Could be 7.5% or more. DGX only charges sales tax for FL orders. So if buying new, OP should compare shipping vs sales tax to see where he comes out ahead.

OK, so if DRIS ships to me compared to Scuba.com shipping to me, I am not starting off with a $30 per tank higher price. I am trying to make doubles, so now we are talking $60 higher, before shipping. OP never said he will go into store to pick up. For the same money, why not have it delivered to your door and not waste your time and gas to end up with the same tank per tank cost?

A higher initial tank price, is just that.
I haven’t bought a tank in store for three years. When I discovered the dangerous convenience of getting tanks from DGX, that was that!

Not to complicate comparisons any further, while no doubt Marie is also correct. I had that discussion with DGX, in store pick up you pay tax, ship it you don’t, but then have the shipping cost.
I have been on the back order list at DGX since November for LP 85s and each time they give a back in stock estimate, it only gets pushed back. They wont let me pay now to lock in the price, so I just keep waiting with no end in sight. Scuba.com will lock in the price for you.

Back
Top Bottom