Wanted WTB LP-50's / LP-85's (pair or doubles) in Chicagoland area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to complicate comparisons any further, while no doubt Marie is also correct. I had that discussion with DGX, in store pick up you pay tax, ship it you don’t, but then have the shipping cost.
I have been on the back order list at DGX since November for LP 85s and each time they give a back in stock estimate, it only gets pushed back. They wont let me pay now to lock in the price, so I just keep waiting with no end in sight. Scuba.com will lock in the price for you.
If you can’t pickup from DGX, then it’s moot.

I didn’t realize the 85s were on backorder again.

I had four pairs of 85s when I got my CCR last fall. Sold two pairs to WI dive buddies who had been telling me for months that if I wanted to sell 85s, they would take them. Kept two pairs for OC SM (if needed) and for CCR BO (maybe).

I’ve got two pairs of 50s. People have been trying to buy them off me for several years. I wasn’t going to let them go. They’re going to be used with my CCR now.

Even if you can pick up from DGX you will pay sales tax, so it is still moot shipped or picked up. The 85s have been vapor ware since last year. I believe it was you who recommended Piranha, they also don’t have any. I need at least one set, really 2 sets. I don’t want to pick up from Scuba.com, but I will since if they ship to me, they wont be assembled as doubles and will be added to my to do list. If I pick them up in store they will assemble them at no charge to me. At least they locked in the price, no one else seems to be willing to do that. The price of Steel has gone up like everything else and I expect once Faber ships their next load of tanks the tank price will also go up.

So many variables!

But Chicago wants to get you for tax no matter what, based on my limited experience with shipping there...

So many variables!

But Chicago wants to get you for tax no matter what, based on my limited experience with shipping there...
If you order from DGX, you will NOT get hit with IL sales tax - unless you ‘fess up on your state income tax return.

Thanks for the responses! Was hoping to avoid paying full retail prices. Feels like there is usually an uptick in people selling gear this time of year (spring cleaning?!). See the 85's come up with some frequency on other channels with the occasional person willing to ship, but almost never seen the 50's, people must really like them!

DRIS is certainly a reasonable option, a little bit of a drive but doable and always fun chatting with the crew there. Last time I spoke with Leisure Pro, they offered free CONUS shipping on all tanks, certainly an absurd deal. I might just buy new 50's and wait out for used 85's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom