Wanted WTB Poseidon Xstream or Hollis 500se/dc7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nealk

Registered
Reaction score
Looking to buy a Poseidon Xstream (mk3 first, with the OPV in the first stage) does not have to be in service, my local shop services Poseidons.

Also looking for a hollis 500se/DC7 combo. Would prefer that it is in service as the nearest hollis shop is over 2 hours away from me, but if you have one not in service let me know too.

Thanks!

yeah I can tell you now that of the two, you should stop looking for the 500se and restrict your hunt for Xstreams

Curious why you say so? I am aware Hollis has had issues in QC, but I've used a 500se for several years without issue, performs basically identically to xstreams.

Curious why you say so? I am aware Hollis has had issues in QC, but I've used a 500se for several years without issue, performs basically identically to xstreams.

you haven't tried to service them and/or get parts from them... they also have a tendency to leak and are a lot less robust than Poseidons

I have had them serviced and bought two parts for them (not because the reg failed, different issue). They've worked for me for years, never had a problem with them being less robust than the poseidons. Much lighter to travel with too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom