WTB--Scubapro metal air barrel upgrade kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jchance

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I posted this in the Classifieds but want to make sure it is seen.

The regional Scubapro rep for my area is pulling my friend's Scubapro dealership because he feels my friend does not sell or support enough of their product in his shops (yes shops--4 of them). It is political as they are the only dealer for a 200+ mile radius!! Anyway, I am having difficulty ordering now.

I am looking for 8 of the S600 metal air barrel upgrade kits. I have a part number but not with me. I will post it later. I would prefer the full kit but would happily settle for just the air barrels if necessary. Anyone have a line on where to get 8 of these? Please PM me if you do.

The part number is 11.602.020, I think.

Last edited:
What does the kit include besides the air barrel?

Kit is poppet too. All I really want is the metal air barrels like the old G series had. Great to get that little bit of condensed H2O after and hour or more underwater!

My experience is that the 'old G series' barrel does not work with the s600 later balance adjustment. The barrel did not have the lug that engages with the adjuster. I have got around this by epoxying the G250 spacer to the barrel (comes in the service kit).

I expect there are new metal barrels that have the lug. I don't notice any difference with the metal or plastic barrel, weight, condensation or failure rates. My LDS (Scubapro dealer) says they only see one reason to change and that is some of the plastic barrels crack near the orifice.

My experience is that the 'old G series' barrel does not work with the s600 later balance adjustment. The barrel did not have the lug that engages with the adjuster. I have got around this by epoxying the G250 spacer to the barrel (comes in the service kit).

I expect there are new metal barrels that have the lug. I don't notice any difference with the metal or plastic barrel, weight, condensation or failure rates. My LDS (Scubapro dealer) says they only see one reason to change and that is some of the plastic barrels crack near the orifice.

The G500 was made in two versions: the US and Italian. The US version had a metal barrel while the latter Italian version used a plastic one. My understanding is the Italian G500 is the same as the early S600 except for the purge cover and the Italian G500, S600, S550, and G250HP all used the same air barrel.

The G500 was made in two versions: the US and Italian. The US version had a metal barrel while the latter Italian version used a plastic one.

I'm in Australia :) My G500, that I purchased second-hand, has the metal barrel. It used the 'old' balance adjustment that screwed onto the barrel, rather than the newer version that pushes on and engages with the lug. Hence, the barrel did not need or have the lug. I wanted to upgrade to all my s600 (and equivalent) have the same balance adjustment for servicing, hence 'added' the lug to the barrel.

The point of my post was that Jchance must be careful in asking for "metal air barrels like the old G series had" as, in my experience, these did not have the lug and hence will not directly work with a new balance adjustment config.

The US SP Spare Parts Price List describes 11.602.020 as 'S600 Air Barrel Conversion Kit', so I guess it should work.......

My LDS (Scubapro dealer) says they only see one reason to change and that is some of the plastic barrels crack near the orifice.

How much diving do you do is in <45* F water?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom