WTB Steel 100's or 120's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ra516

Registered
Reaction score
Hey I am looking to buy 2 used tanks, I am looking for either steel 100's or 120's with yoke valves. Anyone with an offer let me know.

Thanks

bump...anyone have some tanks they are looking to get rid of? I am in palm beach FL, so ill drive anywhere that isnt too far from here

first of all the only the low pressure tanks will have a yoke valve but they are bigger tanks & only get filled to 2400psi the high pressure tanks are smaller & get filled to 3500psi but yoke valves are only suppose to be used up to 3000psi your best bet is to convert your reg to din its a better connection with much less o ring problems just something to think about If you decide to go din I have a pair of 100's I would think about selling.

first of all the only the low pressure tanks will have a yoke valve but they are bigger tanks & only get filled to 2400psi the high pressure tanks are smaller & get filled to 3500psi but yoke valves are only suppose to be used up to 3000psi

Who told you this?

if yoke valves are used above 3000psi the risk of blowing out an o ring goes up signifintly that is why we have din valves it is a positive connection! if you are diving & bump your yoke set up on a rock or something else it can jar it a little bit then the pressure blows out the o ring then you have a matter of seconds before you are out of air! There is a reason that most professionals dive din & it is the standard in other countries because it is a much safer set up! it only cost about $40 bucks to convert your first stage & once you go din you never go back! but if you have a din regulator you can buy an adapter to use tanks with a k valve if din tanks are not avail. Its your life underwater & I only dive yoke as a last resort & only in shallow water. Good Luck & Safe Diving.

Also FYI the reason there are so many K / yoke valves for sale used & din valves are harder to find used is because more people are converting to din.

Have never seen a tank o ring burst under water.Yoke or din that come loose could cause a o ring failure.I hate to say it but if the o ring is going to blow out at 3400 psi it will blow out at 3000psi.But din is a slightly better connection so if buying I would buy din.They sell valve with inserts so you have either din or yoke.

I have to agree with Tshark on the yoke vs Din thing. Anything that is going to be over 3,000 psi is better off being a Din connection. The o-ring on a yoke valve has a better chance of the o-ring extruding at 3,500 than at 3,000 psig.

Note: most of the pro/din valves made today are 232 bar rated valves.

Jim Breslin

Yokes are approved for use under 3500psi. I believe that this is the reason that most HP tanks are now rated at 3442.

Back
Top Bottom