WTG: dream trip to Egypt/Indonesia/? for...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove in Sharm El Shek three years ago. The diving was beautiful, but according to our dive operator, Werner Lau, we were the only American divers they had in three months. In Sharm El Shek all the dive operators price their trips in Euro's, so depending on the currency fluctuations it can be very expensive. There are a lot of topside activities in Sharm including climbing Mt. Sinai, balloon rides over the desert, ATV's, and many other outdoor activities. Lodging cost are very reasonable.

Last year I dove the Spirit of Freedom live-aboard out of Cairns. We selected the 3 day option. Its a great vessel, the staff was extremely professional and the food was great. They had some 2 for 1 specials, so you might check with them about discounts. There are a lot of things to do in Cairns, very similar to the outdoor activities in Sharm. The US dollar has weaken significantly against the Australian dollar, so it's more expensive to dive there now.

The diving is great in both locations and I was never disappointed on any of the dives.

It takes about the same amount of travel time to reach both Australia and Egypt.

I am actually responding to say where I ended up: Marsa Alam Egypt + inland Egypt. Thanks again for all the advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom