WTX D-40 wing with original WTX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrokern

Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta say, a bit disappointed at the lack of documentation on this anywhere.

I have the original WTX harness, less than a year old. I also have the stainless backplate and universal tank bands.

It took buying my D-40 wing and opening the manual to see that it wasn't designed for the original WTX (hence the lack of documentation comment).

BUT...

Could I use the STA and make it work? The STA would bolt through the wing and harness with the plate installed, and then the bands only go through the STA, right?

Is the STA ok for use with the WTX D-40 PSD wing?

Per the AL site

"The single tank adapter is a great way to quickly attach a single cylinder to a back plate or the WTX harness."

I have the WTX bp with a WTXD30 (non-psd) using the STA (w/bands running through sta) and it all fits together just fine.

You're making my day...I figured it would work, just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I was overlooking with a donut wing and the STA. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just because I like to post pics....
20140519_202115.jpg

20140519_201934.jpg

I have an axiom that they came standard on. I like that there is no band stretch and dipping is not needed.
So I put them on my zuma and the bp/w too.

The lack of stretch is definitely appealing. May need to add that to the order. Thanks for the responses and pics!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added May 20th, 2014 at 02:19 PM ----------

Just wanted to post a follow-up...after a talk with my dealer and some interaction with Aqua Lung / Apeks staff, I'm very pleased in how this is working out. Very good response. I still wish the documentation would be better, but this is turning into only a minor speed bump. Happy with my choice to stick with the brand.

Back
Top Bottom