Wyndham Cozumel to become adults only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba One

Contributor
Reaction score
I recieved a copy of the press release below which had been sent from the Wyndham Cozumel Monday. Has anyone heard any other specifics on the change in policy?

FOR IMMEDIATE REALEASE
Monday, January 25th , 2010
Wyndham Cozumel Resort and Spa becomes a new
affordable Adults Only option in Cozumel!

Dear Partner:
We are informing you that from March 01, Wyndham Cozumel Resort and Spa will expand its Adult only section throughout the entire property for adults 18 years of age or older.

The existing and already confirmed bookings with children with travel from March 01st to Dec 23rd 2010 inclusive, will be located at no extra cost into upgraded units in the villa section of our resort ( Regency Club) which will remain as the only family area in the resort complex, the only section of the hotel that will remain family oriented. These guests will check in directly at the reception area in the villa area.
We kindly ask you to inform clients in this situation, and send us a list of these bookings so we can assign rooms in the villas.

Additionally, please note that the “kid’s stay and eat free” promotion is only available with a travel window until Feb 28 (instead of Dec 23) . If stays with this promo overlap Feb 28th , clients will be automatically relocated into villas section from first day of check in. We will revise the description of the hotel on your web site and send you the appropriate changes to be made; we ask for your support to do these changes as quickly as possible to inform our mutual clients.

This new adult section will be available at the same regular prices already under contract. Wyndham Cozumel Resort and Spa is a great new affordable Adults Only option for your clients. More than 90% of our guests are adults only. We are sure they will appreciate this
important change.

Thank You
Maryline Justice
Director of Sales and marketing
Wyndham Cozumel Resort and Spa / Aura Cozumel Wyndham Grand bay

There was a post on Tripadvisor asking if anyone had heard of this change, and looking at this it looks to ge going to happen. I'm not surprised since it seems to me that the group managing this property can't seem to get a handle on who their clients are or how to treat them.

When we were there last year there were kids all over the place. It's a shame since we were right in the middle of booking for this year and we take our grand kids ages 13 and 16. Our travel guy has been telling us for the last 3 days that for some mysterious reason he couldn't get any response from them while trying to book us,then he was just informed of this today. I guess we are looking at the Allegro now. Has anybody else stayed there? If so, what did you think?

I'm not surprised since it seems to me that the group managing this property can't seem to get a handle on who their clients are or how to treat them.

We stayed there last summer in the Sabor - was 700.00 AI for two people for a week. For the price it was a great deal but the place overall seemed to have no focus. For the money is for sure tough to gripe but it also was not somewhere on the top of the list to return to.

When we were there last year there were kids all over the place. It's a shame since we were right in the middle of booking for this year and we take our grand kids ages 13 and 16. Our travel guy has been telling us for the last 3 days that for some mysterious reason he couldn't get any response from them while trying to book us,then he was just informed of this today. I guess we are looking at the Allegro now. Has anybody else stayed there? If so, what did you think?

Nice place..Should be good for kids..Close to dive sites so boat rides are short. In fact, I think the on site Dive Op does single tank dives so you do your SI's at the resort.

Downside, you are way far south so going to town for dinner can be a long taxi ride and get expensive if you are doing it every day. But the AI food was ok.

You might look at Iberostar too, they have a bunch of kid stuff at the pool the 13 year old might like. The beach is nice but where the water touchs the shore is rocky as heck, hence if you want to go in the water you have to go out on the dock 25 feet or so and get in there steps. Except for the water entrance, it was as I was advised on here pretty darn nice. It was lively we out being excessive. Food seemed fairly good for an AI.

We loved the Occidental, but i didnt see alot of kid activies. It was a little more refined. I *heard* the allegro next door at night. I think they party a little over there. :wink:

I guess we are looking at the Allegro now. Has anybody else stayed there? If so, what did you think?

I've stayed there and think it's a good option for a trip with kids. They have an excellent beach with lots of water activities. Pool games, a new rope course, volley ball, nightly entertainment. The food is o.k. as far as AI food goes. The rooms were small and worn down when we went around four years ago. But I believe they've changed ownership and some, if not all, of the rooms have been renovated.

PH

The ownership hasn't changed, just the arrangement they had with First Choice of the UK. That seems to have been terminated so the changes in staff & maybe the food that was done for UK guests are being phased out, or already have. I did a photo tour last Feb & really liked the grounds but didn't get to see a room. The photo album of it (and some others) can be found here.

Picasa Web Albums - Larry

No idea what the food is like, and I'm easy to satisfy if I don't have to cook or clean up so I'm not one to judge for others anyway.

Thanks for all of the input. My wife and I did their online virtual tour last night which brought up another question concerning the Allegro. At the Wyndham the dive operations picked you up at the pier daily but we didn't see anything in the photos of a pier at the Allegro. So how do you hook up with the dive operation of your choice.......taxi?.....swim out?..........ride a dolphin or turtle?

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the input. My wife and I did their online virtual tour last night which brought up another question concerning the Allegro. At the Wyndham the dive operations picked you up at the pier daily but we didn't see anything in the photos of a pier at the Allegro. So how do you hook up with the dive operation of your choice.......taxi?.....swim out?..........ride a dolphin or turtle?

Depends on the dive op. Some don't come down that far, especially for night dives. But yes they have a pier and pick you up there w/o a charge when I was there. I dove with Aldora. Dive Palancar is the house dive op.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom