X-Vision Mask & X-Stream Fins Disappointed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Firstly I am an avid user of Mares equipment and I have been very happ with most the kit I have bought. Unfortunately I have had problemns with the above products. I wanted to talk directly with Mares before I came on her but they have no contact details on their website. I am an instructor in Lanzarote have been using the kit below 6 days a week.

Mares X Vision Mask:
I really like the look of this mask and was impressed with it after the first few dives. I bought this mask 3 months ago from a local dealer who was not helpful when I posed questions about the mask. Unfortunately recently it seems to leak a lot which is a real pain when teaching or leading a dive. IT has not been damaged in any way. I have tried many different masks from other brands and they have been perfect. Other instructors I have talked to have had the same problems and in the school I work in there are 2 x-vision mask hanging up doing nothing as they leak. Disappointing!!

Mares X-Stream Fins:
I absolutely love these fins for comfort, speed, weight and propulsion in the water. I could not praise Mares more for this! Unfortunately durability is where MARES have fallen down. At the fin tips on both my fins the 2 materials are seperating and I have had to cable tie them from ripping anymore. I have only had these fins less than a year. I love them for all the other benefits MARES are promoting but unfortunately this has been a let down. I have noticed this problem on another instructors fins also!

I hope someone from MARES has a look at this post and can offer some solutions!
BTW I have MARES nemo air with compass, MARES proton ice regs, MARES Abyss 2 extreme regs and I am very happy with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom