X-Vision vs Pure Vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Are they the same mask except for the lens or are there other differences?

I've been diving the X-Vision for years, and have been really happy with it, but I do like the idea of a single lens, with a little better visibility. I tried the Pure Vision when it first came out, and it seamed to leak a lot. It disappeared on me Cozumel a few years back. Then I heard somewhere...may have just been a rumor, that it had been re designed, so I picked up a new one. I haven't tried it while diving yet, but it leaked like crazy while snorkeling a few times, and no I don't think the snorkel is in a spot where it's pulling on the mask.

So is there a slight difference in the size or something else, that I'm not noticing?

Do you think it's just not adjusted right compared to the old broken in mask?

Or am I analyzing this too much, and need to just accept the fact, that regardless of the reasons, the Pure Vision just doesn't work for me.

Allthough Mares "claims"they have the same skirt, I could never get a proper seal on the Pure-vision aswell. So I don't believe they are the same. :shakehead: Just go for something that does fit. Mares or any other brand. As long as it fits.

HA! So it's not just me. Guess I'll just stick with the X-Vision. It's been working for years!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom