XDeep Bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So I'm sidemount curious and will definitely get into it in the next couple of years.
I was looking at the XDeep 2.0 Stealth 2.0 System and I realized that the classic bladder has more lift (35lbs) than the rec one (28 lbs).
If the rec bladder is good for 2 steel tanks, how much can you carry with the classic?
What are the advantages of the rec bladder over the classic? I can't really see them. The classic offers more lift, is more flexible and cheaper!
What am I missing?

The classic is much cheaper. That would be my reason to buy it if I have to buy a new one now (and I did 2 weeks ago, I wanted a second one, first is still not worn and said I buy another classic and not the Tec, price difference was 140 euro).

I dive the Classic, there was only the xdeep stealth 2.0 when I bought it. There was not Tec, Rec or Classic, just the Stealth. That is now the Classic.
But normally you have maximum of 2 steel tanks, rest will be ali (stages). How big can steel tanks be with rec or classic? I don't know, but if you can carry easy to 12 Liters with the Rec, then you can still do with the classic, even some bigger tanks. 2 times 20 liters? I think that will be hard. But I do not dive steels. The classic and tec are a lot used in caves. I dive mine with max 4 ali80's, no steels as I don't have steel sidemount cylinders.

But take a look at the harnasses, the Rec harnass is a little bit different from the Classic and the Tec harnass. It has the plastic clips I do not like. So you have to look at this too.
If you want the wing like the Rec, then look at the Tec too. It has the same harnass as the classic, but more lift. And more lift I like with boatdives. So for me the choice would be Classic or Tec, and I decided to go for a second Classic.
But take a look at the rec and the classic/tec harnass, there are some differences. And then decide.

The classic bladder is unique in that it is not connected to the harness but held only by bungees. Some people don't like that and feel unsafe although I haven't heard yet of a diver losing the bladder accidentally (which would be really bad with a wetsuit in open water ...)
Stealth rec and tec bladder are tied to the harness.

I'm planning to have only 2 steel 85s or 100s and potentially 1 Al deco bottle.
I've seen the harness difference and I don't like the rec one. I prefer the one piece.
as for the removal wing, I see this as a plus not a minus. I will dive it in a dry suit.

I dive mine with max 4 ali80's, no steels as I don't have steel sidemount cylinders.
that's with 1 classic bladder?

So for me the choice would be Classic or Tec, and I decided to go for a second Classic.
Are you diving 2 classic bladder at the same time?

I'm definitely thinking classic or Tec only. but I think the tec may be overkill for what I plan on doing.

I'm planning to have only 2 steel 85s or 100s and potentially 1 Al deco bottle.
I've seen the harness difference and I don't like the rec one. I prefer the one piece.
as for the removal wing, I see this as a plus not a minus. I will dive it in a dry suit.

You can get the rec wing with a standard harness. The harness is not one piece anyway, but I guess you didn't like the adjustable quick releases.

A classic is decent, but the bungees can get annoying...

A classic is decent, but the bungees can get annoying...

If you are on the "thinner" side of life, you are going to be using bungees across the chest anyways (though no crotch bungee). The difference is that the wing will stay attached to the harness the entire time.

yeah to me the quick release buckles are not an advantage. the fix wing I can see but I don't think that bungee it on it a disadvantage at all. I like the flexibility.

Can you feel the bungee in the wings that much? what about in Drysuit? or is the annoyance the fact that you have to clip a bunch of things.

I dive with 1 classic bladder. The reason I bought a second is that I am planning of buying a sidemount ccr and then I have to adjust the bungees of the harnass. I did not need a second wing, but this was now a good price so I have now 2 complete systems. And I could use it as redundant if I want. But i dive drysuit, so no need.

I don't feel the bungees of the bladder. But I dive drysuit.

I dive with 1 classic bladder. I don't feel the bungees of the bladder. But I dive drysuit.
That's what I'm aiming for. How much weight do you need on the system?

Too much, haha. I use it with a thick underwear, 400 grams, so I need 15 kg weights with ali cylinders. This is my winter configuration.

Back
Top Bottom