Xpu-Ha Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pegger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am headed to the Catalonia Royal Tulum Beach and Spa resort on Xpu-Ha Beach. Does anyone know the dive operation closest to this location and any info. about it or this area
Thanks in advance,
Steve

We just got back from CRT and we dove with Aquanauts in Puerto Aventuras. Great dive op, highly recommended and they picked us up in the mornings. Some days they dropped us back at the hotel and some days we made it back on our own. PA is only a few minutes from CRT. I understand that the CRT dive shop boats leave out of PA as well.

CRT has a dive shop on site, but I stayed there when it was the Copacabana Resort and the Dive op has changed. I know you can get info about the current dive shop op on TA. I hope you enjoy your stay at this resort as much as I did. Loved the place

There is a small operation on the beach in Xpu Ha - Bahia Divers - but they don't have a regular schedule dive. You can try the on site operator - I think it is Dive Aventuras, but they will take you to Puerto Aventuras or try Aquanauts in PA, they will pick you up for diving in the area as well. It's less than 5 minutes by car.

Yes, Aquanauts is my dive shop so take my info as is :)
Dennis

Dennis, are the sites you dive out of Aventuras different (terrain and reef health wise) then what is dived out of Akumal? We're doing a day of cenote dives with you (Dec 12 or 13th) and we were thinking about a day of ocean diving too. We've been diving out of Half Moon Bay in Akumal for years. Just wondering if there's any not to be missed dives that we've been missing.

hi everybody Bahiadivers in xpu-ha beach is just 3 min walking trough the beach far from the CRT and they have an intense scheduled program of dives in cenotes and into the ocean overall they speak 4 languages and they are really friendly try them !

hi everybody Bahiadivers in xpu-ha beach is just 3 min walking trough the beach far from the CRT and they have an intense scheduled program of dives in cenotes and into the ocean overall they speak 4 languages and they are really friendly try them !

I walked down and saw what I thought was their dive shop, and I would have to say I would never dive with a operation that looked like that!! Very run down.

Steve

I am so glad to have found this post. I am a first time user, long time reader of scubaboard. I will be staying at the Catalonia Royal Tulum as well in June 2010 for a couple of weeks.

Me and my gf were planing a quiet get away and booked at this hotel. I have been on Tripadvisor for reviews, but any comment form any of you that have been there will be greatly appreciated. Things to do and where to go?

We were looking into scuba as well and I have read that there is a dive shop on location: a site wired me to Prodive mexico. Has anyone been with them before. They seem very professional and are quick on the email I sent them and seem to offer quite a few different dive packages.

Also has anyone did the whale shark «dive»??

My MAIN question also was can you snorkel from the beach ( I mean - is there a local reef not too far off)? Is it colorful and alive or is it just plain white beaches (what the gf wanted) :wink:

Also, in another order, for photo (for that region wide angle or standard and macro?)

Hope someone gets back to me, any help/information would be really appreciated.

thank you

Dove with Bahia divers last month and only have good to say about them. Wonderful little operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom