XS Scuba SeaAir Trimetal Comment - No Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theduckguru

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am posting this on this site so that others that are researching regs might find it easily if they do a search for the XS Scuba SeaAir Trimetal Reg.

I am a rather new OW diver with 20+ dives. I was given the typical LSD sell for their stocked products during training. Rather than purchasing my LSD recommendation [AL Legend], I opted to do some research for a better value and some how stumbled upon the XS SeaAir as an option.

After doing some online research as to the quality of this reg and contacting several shops that have serviced this reg, it was clear that this reg has a good reputation in the dive community. Surprisingly, there are XS authorized LDS that really knew nothing about this product and couldn't comment so some searching was required. I live inland and the reg might be better known and serviced in coastal areas.

I was able to locate a LDS with service knowledge of this reg within an hour of my home and this LDS is very willing to service this product even if I did purchase the reg online.

Having had the opportunity to dive this reg, it is a really great breather as has been published. The 2nd stage adjustment is a little sticky, as reported, but wasn't objectionable to me. The purge will give you what you desire from a little to a ripping blast.

The SeaAir has a piston 1st stage, which doesn't appear to be the best choice if you are doing inland quarry diving in cold water. A cold water kit is available, though most quarry divers don't seem to want less than a diaphram reg.

Overall the SeaAir Reg is as promoted by XS - a excellent quality reg at an an afforable price. I am sure there are other good regs out there as well, but I am satisfied with this purchase.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom