XS Scuba "Seaquest Style" QD adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weaponeer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The XS Scuba QD adapter, part number AC920, has been found to not provide a seal when connected to some Seaquest Airsource units. I say only some because it hasn't been proven on every Airsource ever manufactured by Seaquest. So, if you're thinking of replacing the hose and QD adapter that came with your Airsource with a Miflex or any other standard regulator hose, the XS Scuba "Seaquest Style" adapter may not work for you.

I don't know if the same situation applies to other alt airs such as Oceanic Air XS, Aeris Air Link, Apeks Octo Plus, Zeagle Octo Plus, Beauchat Venturi, or US Divers Air Mic, that this adapter is made for. Before buying anything, do some checking first.

I recently purchased a Miflex regulator hose and XS Scuba "Seaquest Style" QD adapter for my Airsource, and now have to return it because it does not seal. It leaks air terribly and will not work at all. Phil Ellis at DiveSports.com has worked very hard to come up with a solution to this problem, but has reached a dead end. Perhaps the manufacturers can come up with a QD adapter that actually works on an Airsource. I'm hoping that they will, and will purchase one if they fix the problem.

Can anyone, including XS Scuba, venture a reasonable guess on when a Seaquest adapter that actually seals will be on the market? It's coming up on a year since evidence was presented that current XS Scuba adapters for Seaquest Airsource alt airs don't work.

The adapter does not work with the Oceanic or Aeris either.

I would also like to add that this QD does not work on my DUI drysuit inflator, it clicks on nice and good but I have to hold it in to get any kind of air to flow through.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom