XTC Diving Ctr: Technical Diving Support?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annasea

Contributor
Reaction score
After reading favourable reviews of XTC Diving in Xcatal, Mexico, I'm hoping to dive with them during an upcoming trip to the Yucatan. I'm not a technical diver but my friend accompanying me is... does anyone know if they offer support (oxygen) for tech divers? Specifically rebreather divers?

Also, has anyone stayed at Hotel Marina Mike's in Xtacal? My friend insists on a/c and according to a website I found on the region, it's the only hotel with a/c. If anyone knows of another, please share.

TIA! :)

Marine Mike is no longer open for business. The property is for sale. You may want to try one of the other hotels. Tierra Maya is a nice choice, they have a few rooms with A/C. But, you really do not need A/C in Xcalak.

You may want to contact XTC about O2. Best advise, ditch the tech gear for the stay in Xcalak.

I was just down in Ixcalak a week ago. I asked XTC about nitrox and they said they could get it but you would have to make arrangements a week or more in advance. they need to order the O2 from Chetumal (it will be expensive). As to rebreather support not sure. You need to contact them directly. Regarding AC I believe Tierra Maya has (or had) it but they run on generators so its likely only certain hours. As gaviota said most places you stay or fine just with the ocean breeze and fans. Costa de Cocos is a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom