XTX 200 Second Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The XTX20 is marketed for diving in water temps greater than 10 deg C.

However, bear in mind that other balanced second stages, notably the S'pro S600, has no such 'limit' in its marketing and the current S600 does not have an all metal cross-case body whereas the the XTX20 does; this makes the latter much more resistant to freezing. Also, the XTX20 can be upgraded, if you really want,simply by replacing the plastic retaining nut with a metal one. Any Apeks dealer should be able to do this for not much money and it is literally a job that takes less than a minute.

Reaaaaaly? When I went from the Egress to the XTX20 I remember there being quite a price difference between the 20 and 40. $30 from the Aqualung site but I remember it being more than that at the LDS, and for 3 regs it adds up. That is one expensive nut!

We got the XTX20 and love them but bought them as newbies who thought we might do cold water diving. And there is a lot of that up here, it's just we dive between June-Aug.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom