XXL fin sizing: Slipstream vs. Hollis F1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HenrikBP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know it's a long shot, but ...

Anyone know how the foot pocket size compares between the two?

I'm hoping that the Hollis F1 foot pocket will be a bit taller at the opening but have nowhere locally to try them on.

Background:
Fusion suit
Whites lace up boots size 11
Foot size 10

- Fusion with thin sock plus 5 mil SP bootie fits fine in either brand fin of size XL.

- Whites lace up boot; can barely get the front of the foot into either size XL fin.

- Whites lace up boot will fit into Slipstream XXL foot pocket, but doesn't quite bottom out and I get a lot of pressure across the top of my foot from the edge of the foot pocket.

Now I finally understand all the threads about finding a suit/boot/fin combination that works for drysuit :)

Henrik

I know it's a long shot, but ...

Anyone know how the foot pocket size compares between the two?

I'm hoping that the Hollis F1 foot pocket will be a bit taller at the opening but have nowhere locally to try them on.

Background:
Fusion suit
Whites lace up boots size 11
Foot size 10

- Fusion with thin sock plus 5 mil SP bootie fits fine in either brand fin of size XL.

- Whites lace up boot; can barely get the front of the foot into either size XL fin.

- Whites lace up boot will fit into Slipstream XXL foot pocket, but doesn't quite bottom out and I get a lot of pressure across the top of my foot from the edge of the foot pocket.

Now I finally understand all the threads about finding a suit/boot/fin combination that works for drysuit :)

Henrik
I know that this post is quite old but I was wondering whether you ever got a response to this. I'm now also looking for a new fin for my drysuit and currently have Slipstreams

I believe that the XXL foot pocket on the F1 is huge. I remember reading a review where a guy was using a size 13 wetsuit booty and felt the XXL was way too sloppy; so I gather that it is a very large foot pocket (I think I also read a review of a guy with size 14 rock boot that fit in the XXL F1). I haven't tried the XXL F1 or the Slipstream, BUT based on the many reviews I read prior to purchasing the F1's, I would guess that the F1 has the bigger foot pocket. Also, I can tell you that I have the XL F1 and I use a size 12, 7mm thick-soled boot, and although the fins don't feel sloppy, they're not tight.

I had the XL F1's with size 14 Akona soft sole wetsuit booties, they fit but pinched my toes a bit. I purchased some hard sole Scubapro 5mm size 14 boots, and had to switch to the XXL F1's. There is plenty of room in these foot pockets.

I have XXL slipstreams.

The pocket when measured at the bottom of the fin is 9" deep, 4 3/4" wide, and 3 3/4" tall.

I have the xl spring straps and they are a little tight on my drysuit, bare trek boot size 13. I used to have the the xxl spring straps and they were perfect for my drysuit boot. The fin is a little big and sloppy for my wetsuit bootie, but it worked while i was in Truk.

I Love the fins... btw

Back
Top Bottom