Wanted XXLS semidry or drysuit for a short guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hroark2112

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for an XXLS semi dry or a drysuit for a 5’7” heavy set guy.

I recommend going with a made-to-measure suit instead of pfafing around with used, new old stock, etc. The cost of a custom suit is not much more than off the rack options and you will have something that fits properly from the get go....and most likely save money in the mid and long term.

just sayin' from experience.

-Z

I agree with Zef. You could be waiting a long time for something decent with your specs. 1st verify you are, in fact, an XXL (in both drysuit & semi-dry) along with boot size at your shop. Less you get real, real lucky, well cared for at a realistic price (XXL short) drysuits are few/far. And I’m referring to stock sizes. If time’s not an issue, see what shows up (and if any return policy). Or snag a XXL, ship to Dive Right In Scuba & have them take couple inches off the legs. Have rest of suit checked out also.
Having never had a good experience with used drysuits, I’d also recommend the new, custom-cut route.
Semi-dry side….You may snag an XXL short, but it still has to be in your desired thickness. You may be able to cheat a bit up or down with a drysuit size, but if a semi-dry’s too big, you’ll freeze. Too small, you’d never get it on. BARE and Henderson make the best, attached hood, front zip, 7-8 mil semi’s.
True, money does buy happiness.
Best of luck.

Reactions: Zef

Back
Top Bottom