XZ-1 and sunbursts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chile7236

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
maybe i am doing it wrong but i cannot seem to get sunbursts (or anything with the sun in the background) to come out quite right...they all come out like this (using the Inon UWLH100 28M67 Type 1...did the same thing when i was using the WA110):

zanpasun.jpg

What are your shutterspeed, aperture and iso-settings? You need a really high shutter-speed to shoot sunbursts. It looks like the highlights are blown in the part of the image with the sun, maybe due to a slow shutterspeed. The halo around the sun, I can't explain though.

I've recently bought the UWL-H100 28M67, but I haven't had a chance to shoot sunbursts with it, so I can't say, if the lens is the issue.

Heres a sunburst shot with no add-on lenses. Shutterspeed 1/1800, aperture 7,1 and iso 100.
P4061919-edited.jpg

shutter speed was pretty slow...160, if i recall correctly. i will try it again this weekend...thanks.

I turned my strobes off on that one...I will shoot it again with strobes and faster shutter.

Try a shutter speed of 1/1000th or faster. In bright sunny water, I would do F8, ISO 100, 1/1600th or F8, ISO 100, 1/2000th. That is the equivalent of what I used for this shot in shallow, bright water - Scott

yellow-crinoid-sunball-M.jpg

much better than the way mine came out.

Back
Top Bottom