Xz-1, pt-050 & afl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fbk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have just ordered this camera and housing and am patiently awaiting their arrival.

One of the criticisms I keep reading about this camera is the lack of separate AFL/AEL. I agree it is handy to have.

On the back of the PT050 housing there is an AFL button which corresponds to the "shooting mode" or bottom button on the rear control wheel. I can't find anything in either of the manuals that shed any light on a so called "AFL" function.

Who has one of these cameras... what happens when you hit the AFL (shooting mode) button? Does it lock the focus? I'm dying to know :eyebrow:

You have to have it in either "Underwater Wide" or "Underwater Macro" scene modes, then the down arrow key becomes the AF Lock function. All detailed on page 32 of the manual. It works, I've tried it.

The downside is of course the these modes limit your ability to change many of the other settings.

Last edited:
Ah got it.. thanks for that. Yeah, give with one hand take with the other. I think I skipped right over the "scene" section in the manual, who uses those?!

Yup, lots of people hoping for an AFL feature to be made available in all modes in a later firmware release. Should be simple for them to do I would have thought...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom