Yallo from Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoopy

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there

This is Jimmy writing to you from Singapore. Glad to be onboard.

Started diving last October. Interest was sparked off after a Padi Aware project in Pulau Aur (Malaysia), where almost all participants were divers. While poor me was roasted in the sun, picking up litters and getting mosie bites.

Please feel free to visit my photo album - My album

See ya on the next dive.....

:newbie:

Hi snoopy... Welcome to the boards!! Great to have another new diver & member in here!

Dive Safe!
:snorkel:

Hey Jimmy -

Welcome to the boards. I'm from Arizona (USA) but have been to Singapore a number of times. I had a great time there -- very nice city. But your alcohol prices are soooooo expensive. Yikes.

Where are the good dive spots over there?

Thx...Doug

It is nice knowing you.

For dive spots. In local waters the vis is terrible. less then 5m !

The usual lot will head to West Malaysia's Tioman and Aur islands for the weekend getaway. One can see almost the entire dive community, that are free on these weekend, diving there. Further North will be Redang island and few other nicer spots, but this requires longer traveling time and leave from work.

Nearby are Indonesia, Sabah (ooo, must head back there again), Thailand & Burma banks (still a virgin ground).... Anytakers....
:band:

Thanks for viewing my album....always loved to share my traveller's tale with any interested party....esp over a nice cool round of ice-lemon tea. :D

I was in Singapore twice in '97,during all those fires in Indonesia..
Talk about inconsiderate neighbours.....It gives a whole new meaning to second hand smoke, except it kills a whole country.
Got some great deals haggling at the peoples market, Moustapha's and is yout MRT fast or what.....love to go again for 2 weeks and with 10 grand. I swam in the water off of the beach at Sentosa, but an oil tanker had just run aground and I came down with a rash from the oil.....Gee thanks!!!!
welcome aboard and hello from down below in New Zealand.
Cheers big ears,
The Gasman

Hey hey...feel so good to be welcomed.

Drop us a line anytime if you are in Singapore.

Inconsiderate & bullying neighbours - ah yes, we get used to it. While there labors seek work and take advantage for the favorable exchange rates, they voted government that critized us. Talk about biting the hand that feed them. Anyway, that is politics - no part of the forum topic here.

Back
Top Bottom