Yam*******a's Treasure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babydamulag

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Okay.....I know....this one has been beat to death. We are going to build/assemble a compilation of materials written about Y-A-M-A-S-H-I-T-A's Treasure. This is a research project (personal) to provide a source of written information that is consolidated into a single web site. Later, we'll do the Manila Galleon fleet. So, without further hesitation....blast away with you links. We are looking forward to finding the "treasure" of information that all of you have on the subject.

***Had to edit the word since the "word morality police" do not like how the general spelled his name.

The gold was cast into a large golden Bhudda. Ferdinand Marcos already confiscated it from the man who found it and used the money to buy shoes for Imelda. Look for the Manila galleons instead. When you find them, call me.

I just watched something on the History Channel or one of those a couple weeks ago. There are still a couple guys, one in particular, who was there when a lot of the stuff was buried along with the workers who buried it. There are some teams of people actively searching for it. It seemed they've gained no new knowledge since I first read about it in 1986 or so. There was a large gold Buddha found but that was supposed to be only a fraction of the total. But who knows.....maybe someday someone will get lucky. Like the Philippines for a change. ,

Back
Top Bottom