Yap/Palau - Sony RX100 pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleomagic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We wanted to thank everyone here on Scuba Board that helped us with our setup. We purchased Sony RX100 cameras in a Nauticam housing, Sea&Sea YS-01 strobes, L&M Sola 800 photo, Inon UCL-165AD, UFL-165AD, and UWL-105AD. Many of you helped us with what lenses to purchase, and recommended settings for our camera.

We came back from our Yap and Palau dive trip a little over a month ago, and wanted to post the best dozen pictures out of the 3100+ photos we took. We ended up with better quality photos than we ever have before with the Canon S100 and G12. 20MP are amazing. This allowed us to get some incredible close up crops, as well as the UCL-165AD lens took great quality photos.

Our next additions will be a second strobe and a brighter video light for day time use.

This is our way of saying thank you for all of your help. Enjoy!

Cowry.jpgCrocodileClose.jpgCuttle.jpgFalseblenny.jpgIro Maru.jpgJellyFish.jpgManta.jpgOctopus.jpgSunset.jpgTwinSpotLion.jpgXmasTree.jpgY&PNudi.jpg

We have used Sandisk Memory Cards for years and never had a problem. We are currently using Sandisk Extreme (45MB/s) SDHC memory cards. These are Class 10/UHS 1. We are shooting 16GB cards in the camera, then downloading them daily to our laptop, and finally making a second copy "just in case".

I'm sure there are other brands out there that will work just as good, but we're sticking with what we have had success with.

I use the same as the above, except in 32gb size. I download to the laptop daily and leave the images on the card as a backup. I have six or seven I think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom