Yap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is your worst nightmare.......

Actually, what was that silly, campy movie where they kill all those alien bugs? Starship Troopers or something like that?

That is a coconut crab and they are very tasty on the dinner table. If you have extra time try to get to Ulithi Atoll then you are on a real island very selcluded lots of WW II wrecks. What time of year are you planning to go????
Manta Ray breeding season?? or during Yap Day?? When Did you live on Guam?? I think I might have dove with you once?

We are looking at being in Micronesia int he first quarter of 2008- hoping to be on Yap for Yap Day (we are dovetailing this trip with one to Truk as well-so we'll see how that works out).

I was on Guam from Oct. '93- Jan '95.

chickdiver:
We are looking at being in Micronesia int he first quarter of 2008- hoping to be on Yap for Yap Day (we are dovetailing this trip with one to Truk as well-so we'll see how that works out).

I was on Guam from Oct. '93- Jan '95.

We have been here (Guam) since 90. I was in the Airforce untill 97, now work for the U.S. Postal service. If you are going to ship something to Yap, give it plenty of time. Even Express takes 5 days to get here and then there is not a flight every day to Yap. I think outbound from Guam to Yap is only twice a week. If you want to send something here and then hand carry to Yap let me know. I have a P.O. Box at the Guam Main Post Office where I work. You could ship a box there and pick it up on your layover.

Mike Veitch:
I just received a magazine last week that was mailed in November....

Don't blame me, I have nothing to do with distribution. I'm the Maintenance Manager here, so the only thing I have to do with the mail is making sure the processing equipment and facilities are maintained. Heck I just got a D-200 that had been lost in the mail for a month. I quit getting magazines in the mail years ago. Since mags are not first class mail, they can, and will get delayed at all possible stops along the way. I used to get two and three months at the same time.

Rooster:
Don't blame me, I have nothing to do with distribution. I'm the Maintenance Manager here, so the only thing I have to do with the mail is making sure the processing equipment and facilities are maintained. Heck I just got a D-200 that had been lost in the mail for a month. I quit getting magazines in the mail years ago. Since mags are not first class mail, they can, and will get delayed at all possible stops along the way. I used to get two and three months at the same time.
i was just kiddin around....

Have you got my lost Canon A520 from Adorama?!? he he

I like taking posts off topic.... :wink:

Is Dec. a good time to go to Yap?

I went to yap, stayed at the Manta Bay also. Good place. Nice people. There are some other high end places. I preferred yap divers myself. Pathways is another lower budget place. its nice but a bit of a walk after diving all day and loads more mosquitos. Yap people are very very friendly. They cruise by in cars and check you out. Nearly all have red teeth from chewing beetle nut..hehe. I recommend you go to Yap in season. I went off season and the weather sucked basically. I did see a number of Mantas and small sharks on almost every dive. The reefs are not great. Trashed most of them but you go for the Mantas right? There are some walls on the other side of the island, I only got to go one day as the weather would not co-operate. Yap is a cool and mellow place. The people really do welcome you. I would go back in a heart beat....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom