Yet another another UK newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twisticles

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
Apart from a few resort dives in the carribean, I'm new to all this and devouring all the information I can right now.

I do my OW confined dives tomorrow/thurday, and my OW dives the weekend after next at Capernwray. VERY excited :)

Based in Liverpool for the next month, but not for long...I've just quit my job after 6 yrs, I'm selling up and movin' out...working as I do in the theater biz, I'm hoping for some cruise ship work to enhance the dive opportunities. But who knows? I quite fancy not working at all for a few months!

Hello and welcome to the boards. Good luck in what ever you decide to do with yourself!

Ranz

All divers from the great state of Michigan welcome you to diving!
Dive on Twistcles!

welcome to the board Twisticles, and good luck on your open waters.:)

A warm welcome to the board twisticles from a sunny Margate... (SE UK...where the land runs out)
:wink:

Check out the UK section... maybe join us for a trip if you take a break before you life on the ocean blue.

Welcome from rainy Essex

Well, Canary Wharf at present to be precise, although doubtless the rain is heading out towards Essex! Have a great time - please post your impressions of UK diving on the UK board. I'd love to hear how you found it after the Caribbean!

cheers
Rosie

...well I'm gutted. Supposed to be doing our first two confined dives today, but they were cancelled due to problems at the pool (summat with the air conditioning, and the council is taking no chances in the light of the recent legionaires outbreak...) ;-0

So, we have to wait until tomorrow, and do the second two confined dives next week...but every cloud has a silver lining. As I can't do the session on Thursday next week, I got my own private instructor on the Wednesday instead! :D

Also, our instructor is hoping to get the first three open waters dives done in a day at Capernwray Quarry, and take us out to Ravenspoint in Angelsey for the final dive the next day...which should give us time for an extra (free!) dive in the afternoon on day 2.

I'm liking it already :)

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA. Have Fun here and Dive Safe……………..Arduous

Back
Top Bottom