Yo Cal - So Cal... Lets Dive Again! (Sat 3/13)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
The last So Cal group dive rocked. It was at the Catalina dive park. Windy as a mofo. Some of us did 3 or 4 dives, some not so much. Some of us exhibited grace and control with our exits and entries on that rough and windy day (well, more control than grace for me...) and some of us, not so much.

Combat diving aside, its that time again - but this time we're gonna hit the beach.

The poll shows that there is high interest in the Treasure Island area. Obviously the final call will be a weather and condition call.

So the date is currently 3/13 (unless Wrinkles, queen o' So Cal dive planning changes her mind...) My understanding is this is one of Deb's fav dive sites, so maybe she can give us some pointers.

Don't snooze. Plan on joining us for another So Cal ScubaBoard dive in. It took a lot to convince me to beach dive again - especially in OCal - so I'm pretty excited about this. Hope to see you all there.

K

and at what ungodly hour of the morning would this be? Not that I should even think about diving with my sinuses in their current state...

Hey Glad you guy had fun, and came home alive!
Big bonus!!! I wish I was there... But I was diving on shore! :(

kelpmermaid:
and at what ungodly hour of the morning would this be? Not that I should even think about diving with my sinuses in their current state...

You sound like Arnaud! I dunno. It'll be my first time there.

Hope you feel better soon.

K

I get a couple weeks off starting 3/6, so the following weekend works for me. Half to check with Summer99 to see if she can get off.

We have been talking for the past couple of weeks that we wanted to get over to Catalina for a few days of diving.

I am in, but Treasure Island is not within my "expertise" since I only dived it once, so far! And Robb (who dives TI almost exclusively) will be working if we go on Saturday.... I bet pasley is our more experienced TI diver! You gonna be there Mel?

Take a look at my new thread about the marine ecologist who will be speaking at The Festival of Whales on the afternoon of the 13th. I am going to that event after our dive. Anyone else interested?

kelphelper:
I am in, but Treasure Island is not within my "expertise" since I only dived it once, so far! And Robb (who dives TI almost exclusively) will be working if we go on Saturday.... I bet pasley is our more experienced TI diver! You gonna be there Mel?

Take a look at my new thread about the marine ecologist who will be speaking at The Festival of Whales on the afternoon of the 13th. I am going to that event after our dive. Anyone else interested?

I plan to be there. As for experience, I don't know if I would call myself an expert here. I dove TI back once in 2002 and again in January and February of 2004 for a total of 3 dives, all of which were great and different from the other.

I may try to get out there this weekend and dive with the real expert. But either way, we will have fun.

3 times is good enough for me! And I am glad you did different versions each time. In my single dive there, I did not feel that I really saw the sites underwater. It was one of those rare days when viz was horrible at TI. I hear it is usually fairly good comparatively.

I've been trying to talk my wife into making the trip with me, but as of yet she's undecided. I would really like for her to come and meet you guys! I have Friday through Sunday off, and my parents are willing to dog sit!!! Either way, I have got to make it the ocean next weekend. As long as you don't mind me/us tagging along, I'll be there!

Tony.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom