Yo from Washington, DC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GW06

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All,

I have 100 dives in the book but now face a new challenge. My one and only dive buddy has decided to leave (yes, the Big-D) and I find myself, well, (with all proper apologies to the species) Floundering without a dive buddy. I used to belong to a great club, but my change of venue that followed the split has made it impossible to stay with the club. I have managed to keep diving a bit - but nowhere near enough - in the two years since. I have lurked on the board from time to time in the past and have now decided that it's time to take the giant stride, and join the party. I'm hoping SB will keep me connected to the most amazing sport I have ever known. And who knows - I just might find a new dive partner here some day.

Welcome. You can certainly find buddies here.

It would help if you offered a little more info such as level of cert, preferred diving locations, do you own your own gear, and how far are you willing to travel?

What type of diving interests you? Wrecks? Reefs? Freshwater? Saltwater?

There is a dive show in Baltimore today and tomorrow at the Sheraton City Center.

In March is Beneath the Sea in New Jersey. Look around at some of the local and regional forums.

There is a dive show in Baltimore today and tomorrow at the Sheraton City Center.

No, cancelled some time ago, unfortunately.

The OP ought to check in with some local dive shops and find some like minds and interests. A great way to join in is to go on a trip with a group....easy to do, no buddy needed, may find some good friends out of it.

I am fully geared, including a couple of steel 100's for local diving. Advanced Open Water, Nitrox, Night, Dry Suit (yes, I have one), and a fistful of other certs as well. My favorite dives are reefs because of the abundance of critters - but I also love wrecks for the same reason. Bonaire is my favorite place because of the 24-hour diving. But I have also done Aruba, St. Lucia, The Keys, Pompano, Costa Rica, Medio Reef via Liveaboard, and a few other places as well. Travel? You bet!

Hi GW06!
I just joined SB 5 min ago and agree with you... diving is indeed the most fabulous sport. I haven't been diving in a while and really miss the beauty of the underworld!
Welcome and I'm sure you'll find a buddy... in fact I need one, too. : ) DD

Scuba Board is a fine way to stay connected to the hobby during prolonged surface intervals.

You might try a trip down to North Carolina to dive the wrecks with sand tiger sharks; I'm hoping to hit Morehead, N.C. and try it with Olympus Dive Center later this year.

Richard.

Welcome to Scubaboard... you'll find a world (literally) of new dive buddies here.

Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom