'yoke to din' adaptor or 'din to yoke' adaptor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi folks...

just wanted some advice.. i would be diving with both yoke and din system , and wanted to buy a set of regulators that can be used in both, so that i dont have to maintain too many sets of regulators..

would it be better to buy regulators with din fittings , then buy a din-to-yoke adapter? or should I buy regualtors with yoke fitting , then buy a yoke adaptor??

DIN and put a YOKE on it.

I dive using both style of tank valves. Ive realized that its alot easier just to have a DIN regulator and keep a yoke adapter handy in case you find yourself with a yoke style tank. I had both my regulators converted to DIN and now just keep a DIN to Yoke adapter handy. Thats one of the advantages of DIN valve. its easy to convert for use on a yoke valve. Hope this helped.

what's the difference bet. "converting" and using an adaptor? Is it better to use a converter or adaptor? i've heard some folks using converter instead of adaptor..

when you said you convert your regulators to din, does it mean that you originally bought yoke 1st stages? when you convert them to din, is it a 5 threaded or 7 threaded ones?

my first regulator was originally yoke configuration. down the road i took it too my LDS and had it changed to a DIN style. I then purchased a second reg but that one was purchased as DIN. I now have 2 regs and i just keep a din to yoke adapter in case i use rental tanks which usually have a yoke valve. But when i use my own personal tanks i take off the adapter and connect them strait to my DIN tanks. You can purchase an adapter to connect a DIN reg to a yoke valve tank but there is no adapter to connect a yoke reg to a DIN tank. I forgot you also asked about the threads. both my regs are 7 threaded. having a regulator with a din connection and just keeping a din to yoke adapter handy just gives you the best of both worlds. Ive used this system in order not to be restricted to only having to use only one kind of style of tank valve. Ive borrowed tanks from friends before and its worked out good because sometimes their tanks are din and sometimes yoke and i can adjust to either or.

thats why i like these forums. always learning something new. im guessin you cant use that 200 bar insert on a 300 bar valve though? that seems like a handy insert if you know you will be using a 200 bar valve.

Here's another offer, get the manufacturer's din/yoke CONNECTORS and learn to switch them, it doesn't take much and IMHO its the best solution, yoke for yoke and din for din, can't get any simpler than that. :)

Buy DIN and get a DIN to yoke adapter...

Gary

hi folks...

just wanted some advice.. i would be diving with both yoke and din system , and wanted to buy a set of regulators that can be used in both, so that i dont have to maintain too many sets of regulators..

would it be better to buy regulators with din fittings , then buy a din-to-yoke adapter? or should I buy regualtors with yoke fitting , then buy a yoke adaptor??

Do factor in the additional length of the yoke adaptor when attached to your Din Reg.
I use a yoke converter when I travel to places that they dont have din tanks.
The main problem is that the adaptor puts the valve right into the back of my head/ or neck.
Scubapro will switch back and forth very easily with the proper parts without having to use the adaptor. I'm sure other manufacturers have the same ability also....
Henry

PS buy the 300 bar it's backwards compatible:D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom