Yoke Valve On Pony/stage Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

had my pony reg for a year and a half now. They're from WMD which is another reg mfg in Taiwan that OEM's for a bunch of brands.

The water ingress is based on how the turrets work, I haven't read up enough on the hows and why's they do what they do, but the turret actually moves outwards when you pressurize it, so I assume it has to do with the play in the o-ring when not under pressure. I.e. if it isn't pressurized, and you move the turret that causes that o-ring to move, there is the potential for water ingress. If you put an OPV and a shutoff on the reg and leave it on, it's obviously a nonissue if you are ok with adding those failure points, some are. I am not.

that would be because he is buying those regulators directly from WMD.... The one thing to consider with those integrated regs, that while they are quite nice for certain applications, you do have to carry the fill adapters with you, and if for some reason you don't have it, they can't be filled off of normal whips. They're great for things like argon bottles, pony bottles, O2, etc. but I wouldn't use them for stages

Back
Top Bottom