Yongala vs. Lady Bowen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suzana2

Registered
Reaction score
Hi we'll be staying in Mission Beach in the next couple of weeks and have always been keen on diving the yongala - but now reading a bit more about the area I've heard about the Lady Bowen dive - just wondering if anyone have dived both of them, or heard from someone who have, how this dive rates compared to the more famous yongala? Is it worth the extra trip down to Ayr to the Yongala could we just as well make it convenient for ourselves (traveling with kids) and do all the diving from Mission Beach! We like wrecks because of the marine life more then from a wreck enthusiast point of view, so I guess what I'm wondering is if marine life is as good at the Lady Bowen?

Thanks

Hi, since you haven't had any responses ill just add this: the yongala is considered one of (if not the) best dives in Australia. And it is magnificent, the life is just crazy.

Ive dived quite a lot in Australia and have not heard of the lady Bowen. So as a guess only I would assume that it does not compare. But no I haven't dived it, so hopefully someone who has can advise further!

I haven't dived the Lady Bowen, but the Yongala is a great dive with fabulous marine life. IMO it's well worth the trip to Ayr.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom