You all should have been there!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm pretty sure I wasn't clinically alive underwater. That was some of the most relaxing diving I had ever done. I think I spend more energy sleeping than I did diving. I was just very happy to sit there and look at everything.

Yeah, like I said before drysuit is the way to go. I have also considered doubles but have not yet made the leap. I used the Lost Yoopers gear last summer a couple of times on some wrecks up in the Straits of Mackinac but have no way of the imagination gotten myself used to them. Felt awkward to me. But then again I only dove doubles (2) times. This is what I was concidering instead of doubles.... What do ya think.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

This is the spot where the photos were taken of myself & ICUROK last weekend in the pit or Sump at Gilboa quarry. Obviously it was taken when the water levels were a bit lower. This photo is courtesy of Mike Williams and dgreatlakesdiver.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Chad

I just got my softwear 300 underwear, and cant wait t use it.

Scott=-) =-) =-) =-)

I got mine today too. Why don't you go try it this weekend to see if it is going to be warm enough for me next weekend. :)

Chad

I promised to spend time with my wife.

She wont let me out to play..

he he he :) :)

I guess we will both find out next weekend then.

I was glad to see it was black and not the sissy green that DUI comes in.

See you soon.

Chad

Here is another view of the pit at Gilboa Quarry.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Nitrox Junkie once bubbled...
Here is another view of the pit at Gilboa Quarry.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Nitrox J,
Great pictures of the quarry before it filled up. Just an fyi, my family was in the explosive business back when that picture was taken, and my father was the one setting off the explosives for Gilboa. As a kid, use to go with him to Gilboa when it was a working stone quarry.

Back
Top Bottom