You have one dive on Grand Cayman before you die, what site would you dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would say either Ghost Mountain on Grand Cayman or Mixing Bowl on Little Cayman.

I have to add a "ditto" to Ghost Mountain. The reef architecture -- with the pinnacle rising up like a "ghost" about 50 meters from the wall -- is amazing. But, my favorite wall dive is Princess Penny's Pinnacle. It also has swim-arounds and swim-throughs. There is more variety of coral and lots of critters and fish. A fair chance you'll see Eagle Rays just off the wall. For shallower dives, my favorite is Hepp's Pipeline. Again, lots of critters, interesting reef architecture and always great visibility.

I love Hepp's Pipeline - my favorite shallow dive on GC. I also love Black Forest on the North Wall.

I'm a huge fan of diving the N Wall, so I can agree with places like Babylon and Old #12, even Julie's Wall is stunning. But, on a culling boat, I got dropped off at the Pallas Wreck site in South Sound. I didn't swim to the wreck though and found this arch-like, canyon/swim-through. That was the most beautiful thing Ive seen underwater. Truly stunning. And my camera was on the boat :crazyeye:

Eagle Ray Pass.
My first dive at ERP was in 2005 and I've been back every year since then. First dive of the day, bright sunshine, calm seas (I'm talking water skiing conditions top side). We descended down to 95 fsw and made our way through the pass. Looked out into the most incredible blue color I had ever seen. Traveled West along the wall at 105 fsw. There was incredible natural light even at 105 fsw. Suddenly a darkness came over us from above. We thought it was a cloud passing between the sun and the water. I rolled on my back and there was a squad of 5 Spotted Eagle Rays flying in formation above us. I smiled so much I had to purge the water out of my mouth. Good Times.

I would say the Babylon - McCurly's Wall area since that's my wife's favorite and when mama's happy, everyone's happy.
Although I would like to agree with you, I did a shore dive at Breakers and it eclipsed even Babylon and McCurley's. No balls, no divers…totally pristine!

Back
Top Bottom