You have to dive with Bonaire East Coast Diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackrock

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just got back from diving with Bonaire East Coast Diving and think I might be addicted.

These guys run a top-notch operation! I had so much fun I am going to do it again before I leave.

Everything is explained is clear, concise terms with an emphasis on safety, but without sacrificing fun & humor. The boat is great and well suited to handle the East Coast surf as is the staff. I couldn't have asked for a better captain or DM. Both have many years in the dive industry and absolutely know what they're doing. I felt completely comfortable.

We did 2 dives, one at Funchi's Reef and 1 at the White hole. We did Funchi's as a drift dive and saw loads of eagle rays and large turtles, plus a few oceanic triggerfish. (You don't see those on the West Coast) And of course the reef is beautiful as well.

The second dive was called White hole. This is a unique place to visit and a great dive! You drop into a bowl of sorts with a sandy bottom and high coral walls. There a tons of tarpon in there...had to be at least 60. Some of them are quite large too...like 4-5ft long. We saw schooling snappers at the top of the bowl, all the tarpon, 4 large green morays, live conch moving across the bottom (a totally cool sight!), a southern stingray, 2 baby spotted drum fish swimming next to each other, and a few turtles. The walls are filled with nooks and caves for cool things to hide in and there is plenty to explore. The cool part is that it's a max of 45ft so the dive is nice and long...provided you don't suck down all your air quickly from all the excitement. :D On the way out you ascend over the wall to a beautiful expansive garden of sea fans that are just waving in a bit of surge. It so mezmerizing and beautiful. There you get to see a few more turtles grazing for food or on their way up for air.

I couldn't have asked for better dives, and it's an awesome deal for the money. The West Coast just doesn't compare. I'm booking another day with them right now.

Just thought I would let everyone know so they don't miss out when they visit Bonaire.

Bonaire Diving, unforgettable scubadive vacation adventure !

I did the same two dives and loved both as well. The boat is a 31ft zodiac with 2 225HP engines (or something like that, quite powerful). It's a short ride across Lac Bay, which was completely calm when we did it, an interesting few minutes across the surf zone, and that's it. In between dives we actually went back to the dock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom